Website Green Mountain Horse Association
Title: Event Manager
Schedule: Full-time – May include weekends and holidays during event season
FLSA: Exempt – Salaried
Reports to: Executive Director
In support of GMHA’s mission, provides management and support for specific competitive events.
Oversee all aspects of assigned GMHA events, including:
- Planning and Budgeting
- Licensing agreements for sanctioning recognized shows
- Advertising and Marketing, including Omnibus/Prize listings, event programs and content for GMHA email and social media marketing.
- Securing awards and prizes; overseeing awards presentation(s)
- Hiring Officials and event staff; initiating contracts and communicating housing needs
- Processing entries and preparing any needed pre-event materials
- Communicating grounds needs to the Grounds Crew
- Arranging catering/food service for the event
- Assuring relevant scheduling and stabling assignments are completed in a timely manner and communicated to the competitors
- Recruiting and managing volunteers
- Being onsite to oversee the event and communicate with officials, staff, volunteers and competitors; troubleshoot as needed
- Assuring results and financial close-outs are reported as required
- Assuring the quality and safety of the event
- Preparing the after-event survey seeking competitor feedback
- Mentor interns as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a personable manner towards supervisors, staff, clients, suppliers, and the general public
- Ability to command the respect of board members, staff, competitors, volunteers, etc.
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with volunteers, groups and individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated creative planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects with others, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient technical skills with a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of equestrian events and their governing bodies or willingness to learn
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy
- Initiative, sound judgment and ability to work independently and as a team member
- Honesty, reliability, and a good work ethic