Website Green Mountain Horse Association
Title: Event Intern
Reports to: Executive Director
Schedule: Seasonal Full time (May 1st – Nov 18st) Days of the week TBD.
FLSA: Hourly compensation. 40 Hour work week with overtime.
The Green Mountain Horse Association is a non-profit organization that organizes competitive, recreational, and educational equine activities in a number of disciplines (eventing, dressage, driving, hunter/jumper, competitive trail, endurance and pleasure trail rides). Our mission is to provide activities for diverse equestrian disciplines and promote trails preservation, horsemanship, and youth education. GMHA maintains the industry standard for competitive equestrian events while staying invested in our own origin and educational mission. Our multi-faceted effort includes ensuring the sustainability of our trail system.
Responsibilities may include some or all the following.
- Fulfilling tasks assigned by a supervisor
- Performing Clerical Duties
- Managing social media accounts
- Event handling or planning
- Job shadowing
- Learning technical skill related to equestrian event management
Reporting to GMHA’s Executive Director. Candidate should expect to follow attached syllabus and report to assigned supervisor for each unit. Weekly Journal compiling notes for each week, reflection, and thoughts for development.
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- High school education or GED equivalent.
- Currently attending a post-secondary program, to receive college credit
- Valid Driver’s License