Welcome to GMHA
News & Notes
Save the Dates: 2015 Calendar Now Posted!
- We're hiring! Check out GMHA's available positions.
- Winter Warriors: First session is Thursday, December 11 at 6pm in the Members' Room: "Bits and Bitting"
- We've been busy with trail maintenance projects this fall- check out the details.
- Follow us on Facebook for updates on the 23 rescued horses residing at GMHA in the care of the Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society.
- Sleigh Driving dates and details now available!
The Green Mountain Horse Association is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. Founded in 1926, GMHA is the nation’s oldest continuously operating horse association. Our mission is to provide and maintain opportunities for educational and competitive activities for diverse equestrian disciplines. Emphasis is placed on equestrian trails preservation, horsemanship and youth education.
At our facility, located in South Woodstock, Vermont, we offer a wide range of events to hundreds of equestrians each year in dressage, driving, eventing, hunter/jumpers, and trail riding. GMHA is dedicated to preserving trails and open space for equestrian use, and our trail network covers over 500 miles.
Our 65 acre facility includes stabling for 196 horses, four all-weather arenas with European Geo-Textile footing, a spectacular cross-country course, and driving hazards. GMHA is a unique equestrian experience for riders and drivers of all ages and abilities.